Friday, February 19, 2010

Green by Ted Dekker

Thomas Hunter is facing one of the most challenging situations he's had to deal with. The Circle is losing hope the Elyon will come back. They have lost sight of Elyon's ways and begin to want to take things into their own hands.

Green is an interesting book, as it completes or begins the Circle trilogy of Black, Red and White. It is called Book Zero in the Circle..."the beginning and the end." I had started reading the Circle trilogy before. For me, Green was finishing the series that I had started with Black.

It is well written, as are the other books in the series. Thomas Hunter is in our reality and has dreams that take him to another reality that is an allegory of things of God (ie: the fall of man, Christ's coming...etc.).

At first, I thought that the idea of this book completing the series and also beginning the series was a neat idea. I was caught in the suspense of the book and finding out how things where going to turn out. I was a little disappointed with the end though. There was the big climax at the end, but before it really ended, it segued into the beginning to transition to Black. Being a circle, it never really ends the story, it just picks it back up to start all over again.

I think I might have enjoyed it better had I started with Green and then went into the rest of the series instead of ending the series with a book that brings you right back to the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment